Type of Award: Matching scholarship in which Westminster matches the financial support* of a student's home church or denominational organization up to 33% of tuition costs (for Fall and Spring semesters only) of a maximum of 15 credits in a given semester.
(*Compensation for service rendered - such as a paid internship - does not qualify as financial support.)
Eligibility requirements: US/Canadian part-time or full-time students in MDiv, MAR, MABC, or MAUM programs who receive financial support from their home church or denominational organization.
Award period: One academic year
Award requirements: Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 throughout period of award
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for US/Canadian Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the Church Partnership Award.
- Provide two (2) signed letters of recommendation on letterhead, one from your pastor and one from another church leader or spiritual mentor (these letters are distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- A letter from your church or denominational organization stating the pledge amount for the academic year and schedule of payment**. This pledge must be received in order that the amount to be matched by Westminster can be determined.
- Write an essay of no longer than two pages (single spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, one inch margins). Include:
- Your reasons for choosing a reformed seminary generally and Westminster in particular
- What thinkers or ministers have contributed most to your understanding of theology and ministry
- Your vision for future ministry
- A description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry
- your name, phone number,street and email addresses
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
- Be available for possible interview (live/phone) with Scholarship Committee upon request.
Submission deadline: April 15th
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.
**Please note that the student is responsible for communicating with the church or denominational organization regarding its payment or non-payment to the seminary. In addition, the seminary must receive financial funds from the church or denominational organization by August 15 for the Fall semester and January 15 for the Spring semester. If the seminary does not receive the pledged funds from the church or denominational organization, it will withdraw any matching gift from the student's account.