The purpose of the UK Scholarship is to provide seminary training in the Reformed tradition to students wishing to pursue ordained pastoral ministry in a reformed Presbyterian church in the United Kingdom.
Type of Award: Up to 50% of tuition of a fixed 12 credit course load for Fall and Spring semesters only for a maximum total award of 50% of tuition for 24 credits per academic year.
Eligibility Requirements: Full-time MDiv or MAR (Biblical studies preferred) student who:
- Is an International Student from the United Kingdom who desires to return, upon completion of degree, to take up an ordained position in a Presbyterian church, that is in line with the Historic and Reformed faith.
- Is a member in good standing of a Presbyterian church
- Has an undergrad GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Subscribes to the Westminster Standards
Award Period: One academic year only. Award recipients must reapply each academic year.
Award Requirements: Maintain full-time status and minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout award period.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for International Scholarship Applicants.
- Specify on the application that you are applying for the UK Scholarship.
- Provide a certificate indicating that you are a member in good standing of a Presbyterian church. (Other denominations may be considered through a written appeal).
- Sign a Statement of Subscription to the Westminster Standards.
- Submit a written statement of no more than 500 words addressing the following questions:
- Circumstances affecting your decision to attend Westminster Theological Seminary,
- Your calling to ordained preaching ministry in the UK,
- A description of how your current ministry aligns with your vision for future ministry.
- Provide a signed letter of recommendation, on letterhead, from a spiritual mentor. The letter should include details about your calling to future ministry. (This letter is distinct from any letter of recommendation submitted for admission to the seminary and must be sealed).
- Submit all application materials mentioned above to the Financial Aid Office.
Submission deadline: February 15th, or until suitable candidate is found.
You will be notified by mail whether or not you have been awarded the scholarship.
For the Statement of Subscription to the Westminster Standards, click Statement of Subscription.