Registration Procedures for Returning Masters Level Students*
WINTER 2014 & SPRING 2014
*M.Div., M.A.R., M.A.C., M.A.U.M., Certificate and Special Level 1
Registration is binding! You are responsible for reading the information below and for choosing the appropriate courses towards fulfillment of your degree program requirements!
Before you register:
After you register:
- Print out a copy of your completed registration for your records. (You will not receive a printed copy from the Registrar's Office.)
- Registration is finalized by submitting tuition payment to the Finance Office.
(If you register for a course offered via Distance Education, please know that you will be charged a Distance Education fee.)
|Late Registration Period
||Nov 11 - 22
||WI14: Nov 23 - Jan 2
SP14: Nov 23 - Jan 10
SP14: Feb 3 - 12
SP14: Feb 13 - Apr 14
WI14: in person only4 SP14: online only3
||late registration fee applies
||drop/add fees apply
||course withdrawal fees apply
- During the registration period, students can change registration choices without incurring any additional fees.
- See the Winter 2014 Course Schedule for summer term late registration, drop/add and withdrawal dates.
- Online activity (via Self-Service) opens at 12:01am of the period's first day and closes at midnight of the period's last day.
- If you wish to drop/add a WI14 course, you must submit a completed Drop/Add Request form. This form is available in the rack just outside the Registrar's Office.
- Withdrawing from Courses: If you wish to withdraw from a WI14 or SP14 course, you must submit a completed Course Withdrawal Request form (including professor's signature). This form is available in the rack just outside the Registrar's Office. You will be assigned a "W" for the withdrawn course. If you withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline, you will receive a failing grade.
- Please see the Financial Information section of the catalog for tuition payment, fees, and tuition refund information.
Help with Self-Service (SS) can be found in the following PowerPoint tutorials:
Resolving Online Registration Issues:
(Also explained in Resolving Online Registration Issues in SS tutorial)
Issue #1. You are unable to log onto selfservice.wts.edu.
Resolution: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issue #2: Once logged on, you cannot register for any courses. Possible reasons and resolutions are:
- Reason: Registration is not currently open for your program.
Resolution: Please check the registration dates in the table above.
- Reason: You are a new or reinstating student.
Resolution: Please read Registration Procedures for New Students.
- Reason: You were required to take Advanced Theological Writing (ATW) but have not completed that requirement.
Resolution: Please contact the Registrar's Office during the registration period to register in person.
- Reason: Your account is "On a Stop List".
Resolution: Please contact the office associated with the stop [e.g. Library, Student Development (email@example.com), Finance Office (215-572-3805)]. (For an "Expired Address" Stop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For an "Academic" Stop, please email email@example.com using your WTS email address.) Once your have resolved the issue, you will be able to register. If you do not resolve the issue, you will not be able to register.
Issue #3: You are unable to register for a particular course.
Reasons include: Course conflict, corequisite/prerequisite requirement, degree or emphasis restriction, class availability, and "Permissions" course requirement
- For "Permissions" course: In Self-Service: First remove the "Permissions" course from your cart, then complete registration for all other courses. Afterwards, add the "Permissions" course to your cart, request permission to take the course. Wait until you receive permission from the Registrar's Office (via email), then finish registering for the "Permissions" course in Self-Service.
- For all other reasons: Email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issue #4: You get a "No registration groups found" message and registration periods are listed.
Resolution: Email the Registrar's Office at email@example.com.