Registration Procedures for Returning PhD, ThM & Special Level 2 Students
All students (including those who are not taking courses) are required to register.
Registration is binding! You are responsible for reading the information below and for choosing the appropriate courses towards fulfillment of your degree program requirements!
Before you register:
- All students: Register online via Self-Service. (For help, please see the Self-Service Tutorials below.)
- Students in post-coursework phase only: Register for Post-Coursework Phase only. (In Self-Service under Register>Traditional Courses>Section Search, type POST in the "Course Code" field.)
After you register:
- Print out a copy of your completed registration for your records. (You will not receive a printed copy from the Registrar's Office.)
- Registration is finalized by submitting tuition payment to the Finance Office.
|Late Registration Period
||Apr 7 - 18
Apr 19 - Aug 15
Sep 4 - 15
Sep 16 - Nov 13
|thru Registrar's Office only3
||late registration fee applies
||drop/add fees apply
||course withdrawal fees apply
- During the registration period, students can change registration choices without incurring any additional fees.
- Online activity opens at 12:01am of the period's first day and closes at midnight of the period's last day.
- Withdrawing from Courses: If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must submit a completed Course Withdrawal Request form (including professor's signature). This form is available in the rack just outside the Registrar's Office. You will be assigned a "W" for the withdrawn course. If you withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline, you will receive a failing grade. If you do not live locally, please email email@example.com for assistance.
- Please see the Financial Information section of the catalog for tuition payment, fees, and tuition refund information.
Help with Self-Service (SS) can be found in the following PowerPoint tutorials:
Resolving Online Registration Issues:
(Also explained in Resolving Online Registration Issues in SS tutorial)
Issue #1. You are unable to log onto selfservice.wts.edu.
Resolution: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issue #2: Once logged on, you cannot register for any courses. Possible reasons and resolutions are:
- Reason: Registration is not currently open for your program.
Resolution: Wait until the registration period has opened before trying to register. (See registration dates above.)
- Reason: You are a new (first semester) or reinstating student.
Resolution: Please contact the Registrar's Office to register. (New students, please also see Registration Procedures for New Students.)
- Reason: You have not completed the Advanced Theological Writing (ATW) requirement.
Resolution: Please contact the Registrar's Office to register.
- Reason: You have dropped all the courses in your cart before adding any courses, which automatically prompts the system to withdraw you as a student.
Resolution: Contact the Registrar's Office to remove the automatic withdrawal before trying to register again.
- Reason: You are not a current student.
Resolution: Contact the Registrar's Office for instructions.
- Reason: You are an advanced degree (PhD/ThM) student and your advisor has not authorized you to register.
Resolution: Contact your advisor.
- Reason: Your account is on one or more "STOP" lists.
Resolution: Please contact the relevant office(s) to resolve the situation(s). Once resolved, the stop(s) will be removed and you will be able to register. (Office associated with the stop [e.g. Library, Student Development (email@example.com), Finance Office (215-572-3805)]. For an "Expired Address" Stop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For an "Academic" Stop, please email email@example.com using your WTS email address.)
Issue #3: You are unable to register for a particular course.
Reasons include: Course conflict, corequisite/prerequisite requirement, degree or emphasis restriction, class availability, and "Permissions" course requirement
- For "Permissions" course: In Self-Service: First remove the "Permissions" course from your cart, then complete registration for all other courses. Afterwards, add the "Permissions" course to your cart, request permission to take the course. Wait until you receive permission from the Registrar's Office (via email), then finish registering for the "Permissions" course in Self-Service.
- For all other reasons: Email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issue #4: You get a "No registration groups found" message and registration periods are listed.
Resolution: Email the Registrar's Office at email@example.com.