Registration Procedures for Returning PhD, ThM & Special Level 2 Students
All students (including those who are not taking courses) are required to register.
Registration is binding! You are responsible for reading the information below and for choosing the appropriate courses towards fulfillment of your degree program requirements!
Before you register:
- All students: Register online via Self-Service. (For help, please see the Self-Service Tutorials below.)
Students in post-coursework phase only: Register for Post-Coursework Phase only. (In Self-Service under Register>Traditional Courses>Section Search, type POST in the "Course Code" field.)
After you register:
- Print out a copy of your completed registration for your records. (You will not receive a printed copy from the Registrar's Office.)
- Registration is finalized by submitting tuition payment to the Finance Office.
|Late Registration Period
||Apr 8 - 19
||Apr 20 - Aug 16
||Sep 5 - 16
||Sep 17 - Nov 14
||late registration fee applies
||drop/add fees apply
||course withdrawal fees apply
- During registration period, students can change registration choices without incurring any additional fees.
- Online activity opens at 12:01am of the period's first day and closes at midnight of the period's last day.
- Withdrawing from Courses: If you wish to withdraw from a course, you must submit a completed Course Withdrawal Request form (including professor's signature). This form is available in the rack just outside the Registrar's Office. You will be assigned a "W" for the withdrawn course. If you withdraw from a course(s) after the deadline, you will receive a failing grade.
- Please see the Financial Information section of the catalog for tuition payment, fees, and tuition refund information.
Help with Self-Service (SS) can be found in the following PowerPoint tutorials:
Resolving Online Registration Issues:
(Also explained in Resolving Online Registration Issues in SS tutorial)
Issue #1. You are unable to log onto selfservice.wts.edu.
Resolution: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issue #2: Once logged on, you cannot register for any courses. Possible reasons and resolutions are:
- Reason: Registration is not currently open for your program.
Resolution: Please check the registration dates in the table above.
- Reason: You are a new or reinstating student.
Resolution: Please read Registration Procedures for New Students.
- Reason: Your advisor has not authorized you to register. (Your advisor may require a consultation with you prior to approving you to register.)
Resolution: Contact your advisor.
- Reason: You were required to take Advanced Theological Writing (ATW) but have not completed that requirement.
Resolution: Please contact the Registrar's Office during the registration period to register in person.
- Reason: Your account is "On a Stop List".
Resolution: Please contact the office associated with the stop [e.g. Library, Student Development (email@example.com), Finance Office (215-572-3805)]. (For an "Expired Address" Stop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For an "Academic" Stop, please email email@example.com using your WTS email address.) Once your have resolved the issue, you will be able to register. If you do not resolve the issue, you will not be able to register.
Issue #3: You are unable to register for a particular course.
Reasons include: Course conflict, corequisite/prerequisite requirement, degree or emphasis restriction, class availability, and "Permissions" course requirement
- For "Permissions" course: First remove the "Permissions" course from your cart, then complete registration for all other courses. Afterwards, add the "Permissions" course to your cart, request permission to take the course. After you receive permission, finish registering for the "Permissions" course.
- For all other reasons: Email the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issue #4: You get a "No registration groups found" message and registration periods are listed.
Resolution: Email the Registrar's Office at email@example.com.