• Provide individual and/or group counseling to secondary education students, who are experiencing some form of school maladjustment, e.g. emotional difficulties, behavioral problems, poor attendance, disruptive behavior, etc.
• Provide individual and/or group counseling to special education students, primarily emotional support, as per their Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
• Work cooperatively with building Administrators, Guidance Counselors, Teachers and Supervisors to meet the therapeutic and emotional support needs of students.
URL for further job description on our website:
• Master’s Degree required as a mental health professional.
• Licensure as a mental health service provider, e.g. Social Work (LSW or LCSW), Counselor (LPC), required.
• Knowledge of special education needs, issues and procedures (Lakeside will provide ongoing training).
• Prior experience working with Elementary age students helpful. Will work mostly with High School students, but may work with Elementary School students as well.