1. Preach once every five to six weeks or when the senior pastor is away.
2. Visit ministry leaders, visitors and families within the church accompanied by the pastor, or an elder or going individually as agreed upon with the pastor and session.
3. Be involved in the Sunday school ministry by teaching each quarter, either to the adults, youth or children (may be an assistant to the Sunday school teacher).
4. Get to know the Youth Group leaders and work alongside them, encouraging, supporting and helping as needed.
5. Spend significant quality time in the study of God’s Word and prayer.
Shepherd the Flock of God:
a. Actively participate in and strongly encourage church shepherding efforts.
b. Work with the senior pastor in the provision of pastoral care for church members and regular attendees.
c. Encourage all ministries in such a way that there is a pursuit of excellence in programs, the ability to work with and motivate volunteers, and to model and promote integrity in ministries.
1. Identify, recruit and equip musicians within the church to participate in the music ministries of the church.
2. Work with the musicians and organize the rehearsals for worship services. Lead the band both in rehearsals and in worship.
3. Select songs and music for the second service or delegate this to another person. Be responsible to make sure that the songs selected are Biblical and theologically solid, singable for the congregation and fit with the rest of the music.
4. Come alongside and work with current musicians, learning their strengths and weaknesses and working alongside them to promote community and excellence among the musicians.
5. Meet with the senior pastor to plan and review worship services.
1. PERSON OF FAITH: This person will demonstrate a sincere and clear love for the Lord.
2. PASTORAL: This person will demonstrate a love for people and desire to shepherd/pastor/care for the souls of the flock. This person should be likable and socially able to get along well with a variety of people. He will be the kind of person who generally makes a good first impression in the minds of people meeting him.
3. MUSICAL: This person should have some musical skills and abilities; at a minimum, he must have a strong voice and be able to lead the singing in second service. He must be one who can work/play well with other musicians; someone who will be able to identify, recruit and equip other musicians and lead the band both in rehearsals and in worship.
4. CHARACTER: This person must meet the character qualifications set forth in
1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. He must be seeking pastoral ordination in the Presbyterian Church in America.
5. COMMITMENT: This person must be able to give 12 months of full time work to this internship.
6. This person must be moving toward licensure and ordination in the PCA.
Please email your resume and MDF to Grace Conkel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Name of organization:
South Dayton Presbyterian Church
Description of organization:
South Dayton Presbyterian Church information:
Web page: http://www.southdaytonpca.com
Average attendance for both services on Sunday mornings: 188
Average Sunday school attendance: 100
English as a Second Language
Free Oil Changes for single moms/widows
Youth Drama Team
Assisted living home worship service
Short-term missions trips
Small group Bible studies
Women In Church