Welcome to Westminster!
We are excited that you are considering attending Westminster Theological Seminary. The information below is provided to help you make an informed decision as you discern if God is calling you to Westminster and as a guide to retrieving your educational benefits.
For an overview of the types of benefits available for service members and their families please see Federal Student Aid and Scholarships for Military Families. Westminster participates in the GI Bill for veterans and the Tuition Assistance programs for other branches of the Armed Forces, Coast Guard and Army Civilians (please see below). To apply for admission to Westminster please see here.
Veterans: Retrieving the GI Bill
1. Inform yourself: Veterans may be eligible for both tuition and living stipend benefits. For information about the types of VA Benefits available, please see Benefit Comparison Tools.
2. Apply online: For specific information about eligibility and to apply online for VA benefits, please visit Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill.
3. Present "Letter of Eligibility" to the Financial Aid Office at Westminster. (Once a veteran has applied and been found eligible, he/she will receive a "Letter of Eligibility" from the VA).
4. Be admitted: Once admitted to the seminary, you will be added to the VA system as a Westminster student. The Westminster Certifying Official will certify the number of credits taken online once you have enrolled for classes at the beginning of your first semester. Post 9-11 GI Bill tuition benefits are paid directly to Westminster, while living expense funds are paid directly to the student. Other VA chapters may pay educational benefits directly to the student. If you have questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at Westminster.
Tuition Assistance for Active Duty Personnel
Active Duty, National Guard, Army Reserve Soldiers or Army Civilians may be eligible to receive Tuition Assistance (TA) which may also cover select fees. The steps below reflect the process of receiving benefits.
1. To apply and determine your eligibility visit
2. If you are approved for TA, each semester enter the course information for which you are enrolled on GoArmyEd.
3. Westminster's Finance Office will be contacted to verify tuition and fee amounts.
4. TA from GoArmyEd will be transferred to your Westminster student account in the Finance Office.
If you are a service member in one of the branches below, please use the corresponding link to explore your eligibility:
Air Force: AF Portal
Marines: U.S. Marine Corps Voluntary Education Program
Navy: Navy College Program
Coast Guard: Coast Guard Academy
Information about scholarships available for those preparing for ministry as Military Chaplains please see
The Army also provides educational benefits to those in the Army Chaplain Corps. Please see:
Information About Attending Westminster
Descriptions of the degree programs offered at Westminster may be accessed here Degree Programs.
Degree completion requirements are presented in the following charts: Degree Program Charts.
To explore the costs associated with attending Westminster, including total degree costs (tuition and fees), visit Cost of Attending and Financial Aid.
Student Success and Borrowing:
Information regarding the amount of debt incurred by students graduating from Westminster may be gleaned here. Details about student graduation rates, placement (employment) after graduation and spiritual growth while attending seminary can be found on Westminster's "Statement of Educational Effectiveness".
Thank you for considering Westminster Theological Seminary!
We are here to help you! Please contact the Financial Aid Office should you have any questions.